I have watched a seminar called "Quadcopter simulation and control made easy". https://www.mathworks.com/videos/quadcopter-simulation-and-control-made-easy-93365.html
In this seminar, the drone model was first made in SolidWorks then imported to Simscape. I know that the lines in Simscape means physical connection, but I can not completely understand the meaning of each block.
This is the SolidWorks model:
This is the simscape model:
What I am able to understand are:
1. The World block mean something that doesn't move in the space;
2. The ASSY_ROTOR_END_4_RIGID, ASSY_ROTOR_END_3_RIGID, ASSY_ROTOR_END_2_RIGID and ASSY_ROTOR_END_1_RIGID means four rotors of the drone;
3. The BOARD_1_RIGID means the mainboard of the drone;
4. The rotors/board and connected to the world through joints that can move in six DOF.
What I am confused are:
1. Why we need Transform blocks? What are the differences between Transforms blocks and SixDOFs blocks?
2. What does the HUB_1_RIGID mean?
3. What does the block under the gear do?
4. How to configure the transform and sixDOF blocks?