Electrical Distribution System Modeling and Analysis in MATLAB and Simulink
In this webinar, we demonstrate how MathWorks tools may be used to investigate electrical distribution system operation. The IEEE 123 Node Test Feeder is used to explore the following topics:
- Create distribution system networks automatically in SimPowerSystems™ from network data stored in text file formats.
- Perform unbalanced load-flow computations in time-domain simulation through the use of pseudo steady-state modeling.
- Assess operational risk through monte-carlo simulations.
- Automate report generation to record the output of simulation studies.
- Integrate EMT components into a phasor system level simulation.
- Investigate demand response strategies, such as smart charging of electric vehicles.
About the Presenter: Graham Dudgeon, MEng, PhD
Graham is the Energy Industry Manager at MathWorks. Before his role as Industry Manager, Graham was a Principal Technical Consultant at MathWorks and has worked with a broad range of customers across multiple industries, primarily in the areas of electrical power systems and power electronic technologies.
Before joining MathWorks, Graham worked at the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (DERA), an agency of the UK Ministry of Defence, in the Flight Management and Control Department, and also as a Senior Research Fellow at the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre in Electrical Power Systems at the University of Strathclyde.
Recorded: 8 Aug 2014
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.