In the zip package attached to this article you will find information to create a Polyspace Bug Finder demo with Jenkins in a very easy way. The workflow of the demo is the following:
- polyspace-configure monitors the compilation of your complete project (a build “all”) and creates a project file (an options file).
- Then Polyspace Bug Finder analysis starts on the built files.
- Polyspace import comments, at end of the analysis, executes a difference between previous job results and current job results.
- One Perl script parses the two last log files and the difference between the two last runs to check defects and coding rules.
- At last, an E-mail will be sent with the difference.
- From E-mail sent, you can open last results, and you see defects and coding rule violations
Even if It is not the real workflow that you want to apply, I guess it will provide some ideas how to implement it.
The Docs sub-folder contains a QRG. Enjoy it!