Automated Data Type Conversion
There are two primary workflows available for converting floating-point MATLAB® code to fixed-point: automated conversion and manual conversion. For more information, see Decide Which Workflow is Right for Your Application.
There are two primary workflows for converting a system in Simulink® to fixed point: iterative fixed-point conversion and data type optimization. For more information, see Data Type Conversion Overview.
You can also convert your MATLAB and Simulink designs to single precision using automated tools.
- Automated Fixed-Point Conversion in MATLAB
Conversion to fixed point using the Fixed-Point Converter app
- Manual Fixed-Point Conversion in MATLAB
Assisted floating-point algorithm to fixed-point algorithm conversion
- Iterative Fixed-Point Conversion in Simulink
Floating-point model conversion to fixed point using a guided workflow
- Data Type Optimization in Simulink
Fixed-point data type optimization for an efficient design
- Single-Precision Design for MATLAB Code
Convert double-precision MATLAB code to single-precision MATLAB code
- Single-Precision Design for Simulink Models
Convert double-precision systems in Simulink to single precision