Capabilities and Features
MATLAB Support Package for Tello drones provides interfaces that enable you to control a DJI Ryze Tello drone from MATLAB. You can pilot the drone by sending commands to control its direction and orientation. You can also read navigation data and process image data using MATLAB commands.
With this hardware support package for Tello drones, you can perform the following tasks in MATLAB:
- Connect to Ryze Tello drone over WiFi
- Use MATLAB commands to take off, move in a specified direction, turn, and land
- Flip drone in one of four directions
- Stream images and live video from drone's camera
- Read flight data including speed, height, orientation, and battery level
If you are using the Tello EDU model, you can also perform these tasks in MATLAB:
- Send abort command to shut off drone motors in case of emergency
- Fly diagonally along multiple axes at once
- Control multiple Tello EDU drones from the same MATLAB session
Platform and Release Support
See the hardware support package system requirements table for current and prior version, release, and platform availability.
View enhancements and bug fixes in release notes.