Senior Sales Account Manager
As a Senior Sales Account Manager, you will sell engineering and scientific software and related services such as consulting and product training to large Automotive accounts. Responsibilities include developing relationships with existing customers, as well as identifying and developing new business. You will work closely with the account team, technical experts, and marketing to bring the full range of MathWorks product and service offerings to the customer. The qualified candidate should have experience selling complex software solutions into Automotive accounts or a closely related industry.
- Attainment of revenue targets; New Product License, Software Maintenance and Services (Training and Consulting) sales
- Generate and qualify sales leads, determine customer needs, overcome objections and close sales
- Prepare and implement sales account plans, including activity reports and forecasts
- Develop and manage a funnel of opportunities and activities
- Gain in depth understanding of the current and future needs of named accounts, and develop and implement short and medium term account plans to realize this potential
- Make use of all relevant information sources and rigorously follow up and prioritize all qualified leads provided by marketing or sales support in order to energetically prospect for new business opportunities
- Work closely with potential customers at all levels to understand users, requirements, and management business issues
- Take ownership for the relationship between customers and all departments within MathWorks
- Gain access to the appropriate decision makers and manage evaluation processes in order to pursue business opportunities through to a successful conclusion
- Leverage cross functional teams to develop and implement account specific strategies
- Prospect for new business opportunities within the sales territory
- Collaborate closely with Customer Facing Engineers, Technical Marketing, and Peer Sales Teams
- Document and report sales activities using an advanced CRM tool (Salesforce)
- Provide assistance, guidance and information to support other members of the team to achieve the company’s objectives
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required.
- Direct technical sales experience required
- Engineering degree preferred
- Technical software sales experience in the Automotive Industry preferred
- Experience working with Technical Engineers and Inside Sales Reps preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments
- Demonstrated success managing a territory and using a CRM system
- Proven success in penetrating major/named accounts and developing new business
- Proven sales track record in the technical software business
- Business level of written and verbal communication skills required (English/Korean)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.