"Foundations of Computational Biology with MATLAB" Courseware
Download free courseware for Foundations of Computational Biology with MATLAB from Wayne State University.
You are already signed in to your MathWorks Account. Please press the "Submit" button to complete the process.
- 21 chapters
- 17 MATLAB and SimBiology practice assignments
- MATLAB scripts and functions
- 6 toolboxes for applications described in the book
- 2 tutorials on enzymatic and metabolic simulations
Foundations of Computational Biology with MATLAB
Professor Domenico L. Gatti, MD, PhD
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Biochemistry
Wayne State University
Written for graduate students in the Chemical and Biological Sciences, Foundations of Computational Biology with MATLAB is a web-based ebook in which MATLAB is introduced and progressively developed as a programming and visualization tool in a variety of applications ranging from data analysis and simulation to the development of complex mathematical models in biology.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of linear algebra: vectors, matrices, subspaces, transformations, factorizations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, singular value decomposition. The course ends with selected topics of multilinear algebra (tensor algebra).
- Learn to use the programming language of MATLAB to visualize data, solve numerical problems, and create algorithms.
- Understand key methods of data analysis: linear and non-linear least-squares methods, iterative methods for systems of linear equations, principal and independent component analysis, minimization techniques, and linear programming.
- Understand methods for the simulation and analysis of cellular and subcellular functions: chemical and enzymatic reactions, molecular dynamics, and metabolic networks.
- Learn the fundamentals of information theory and their application to bioinformatics.