Renewable Grid Integration Studies with Simscape Electrical
In this webinar, we will show how Simscape Electrical is used to evaluate the performance of a power system with a high penetration of renewable energy. Areas that will be considered are,
- Establishing operational scenarios in a repeatable way across a number of different system architectures.
- Evaluating voltage and frequency performance against grid codes, such as IEEE 1547 and NERC PRC-024.
- Running operational scenarios in parallel.
- Replaying measured data, such as PMU data or NREL TMY3 data, through simulation models.
- Changing the fidelity of simulation models to evaluate scenarios for timescales ranging from milliseconds to years.
- Running power system simulations in a real-time environment.
About the Presenter
Jonathan LeSage is a Senior Application Engineer specializing in the Energy Production and Industrial Automation industries and has been with the MathWorks since 2013. His focus at the MathWorks is on building models of multi-physics systems and then leveraging them for control design, hardware-in-the-loop testing and embedded code generation. Jonathan holds a B.S. and a Ph.D from the University of Texas at Austin specializing in power systems, controls, and machine learning.
Recorded: 27 Nov 2018
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.