view3d Interactively rotate, zoom and pan the view of a 3-D plot
VIEW3D ROT turns on mouse-based 3-D rotation
VIEW3D ZOOM turns on mouse-based 3-D zoom and pan
VIEW3D OFF turns it off
VIEW3D(FIG,...) works on the figure FIG
Double click to restore the original view
- hit 'z' key over the figure to switch from ROT to ZOOM
- hit 'r' key over the figure to switch from ZOOM to ROT
in ROT mode:
- press and hold left mouse button to rotate about screen xy axis
- press and hold middle mouse button to rotate about screen z axis
in ZOOM mode:
- press and hold left mouse button to zoom in and out
- press and hold middle mouse button to move the plot
Inspired by rotate3d by The MathWorks, Inc.
Tested under MATLAB 5.2
Torsten Vogel (2021). view3d.m (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/334-view3d-m), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!