I understand that you are trying to plot the cosine of the given symbolic relation in MATLAB using "surf" plot. In this answer I'm make the following assumption based on the information provided:
- Variable "z"is a complex variable represented as re_z + i*im_z
- re_z and im_zare real doubles that represent axes in the returned 3D plot.
- Since the cosine of a complex valued function is complex, I assume that you want to plot the absolute value.
Based on these assumptions, you can use the following to obtain the plot:
surf(re_z, im_z, abs(cos(f_of_z_result)),'EdgeColor','none');
"abs" and "cos"are in-built MATLAB functions that return the absolute and cosine value of the argument respectively.
If re_z andim_z are complex-valued, use the "abs()" function to plot your result:
surf(abs(re_z), abs(im_z), abs(cos(f_of_z_result)),'EdgeColor','none');
MATLAB has nice documentation for both functions. I have provided their links below:
- abs() function - https://in.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/abs.html
- cos() function - https://www.mathworks.com/help/symbolic/cos.html
Hope this helps.