Virtual commissioning enables early test and verification of machine software by using a model of the machine. With simulation, the interaction between mechanics, machine software, and the product being manufactured can be tested, optimized and verified in different scenarios before the physical machine is available. This approach lowers costs, ensures high product quality, and speeds up commissioning times.
- Scenarios for implementing virtual commissioning
- How virtual commissioning pays off
- How Model-Based Design supports virtual commissioning
- Benefits of simulation-based real-time testing
- Supported field buses and PLC platforms
The white paper shows how to implement virtual commissioning in your development process and walks through the steps from first considerations to implementation with code generation on PLC systems. You’ll also see how you can use machine models as digital twins in production.