다운로드 수: 153
업데이트 날짜: 2021/6/21
Created with R2020b. Compatible with R2020b and later releases.
This curriculum module contains interactive live scripts that teach the fundamental concepts of vectors, such as vector magnitude and addition. These methods are motivated by an application: calculating the orientation of a cell phone using the built-in accelerometer and magnetometer. Throughout the module, students apply the mathematical techniques to computing meaningful values, such as pitch and yaw. These lessons can be used as part of a lecture, as activities in an instructional setting, or as an interactive assignment to be completed outside of class.
The instructions inside the live scripts will guide you through the exercises and activities. Get started with each live script by running it one section at a time. To stop running the script or a section midway (for example, when an animation is in progress), use the Stop button in the RUN section of the Live Editor tab in the MATLAB Toolstrip.
An interactive lesson that teaches the basics of individual vectors, such as vector components, magnitude, and orientation. These concepts are applied to compute the pitch of a cell phone using accelerometer readings.
- Relate the components of a vector to its visualization in 2- and 3-dimensions
- Compute the magnitude of a vector in 2- and 3-dimensions
- Compute the orientation of a vector in 2-dimensions
- Discuss the meaning of the magnitude of an accelerometer reading
- Relate the pitch of a cell phone to accelerometer readings
An interactive lesson that teaches vector arithmetic. Vector addition, scalar multiplication, dot product, and cross product are discussed. These concepts are applied to compute the yaw of a cell phone using magnetometer readings.
- Add and subtract vectors
- Compute scalar, dot, and cross products of vectors
- Relate arithmetic vector operations to visual representations
- Identify the physical meaning of the results of arithmetic vector operations
- Apply vector arithmetic to compute the yaw of a cell phone
An example of the accelerometer readings used in
An example of the accelerometer and magnetometer readings used in
MATLAB®, Symbolic Math Toolbox™
The license for this module is available in the LICENSE.TXT file in this GitHub repository.
Have any questions or feedback? Contact the MathWorks online teaching team.
Copyright 2021 The MathWorks, Inc.
Emma Smith Zbarsky (2023). Vector Arithmetic (https://github.com/MathWorks-Teaching-Resources/Vector-Arithmetic/releases/tag/v1.0.0), GitHub. 검색됨 .
MATLAB 릴리스 호환 정보
플랫폼 호환성Windows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!