MATLAB Grader Updates
Cody Coursework has been renamed MATLAB Grader. MATLAB Grader provides the same functionality that was available in Cody Coursework, along with many improvements and new features.
- Access examples illustrating common assessment types for both script and function-based problems.
- Author MATLAB coding problems separately from courses and store them in collections for use in future courses.
- Collaborate with other instructors and content authors when creating content collections.
- Use all available products and toolboxes in creating assignments, without needing to have a separate license for those products.
- Integrate MATLAB Grader problems into courses hosted in a learning management system, such as Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, Brightspace, or any other LTI 1.1 compatible platform. Additionally, students can access MATLAB Grader assignments within the school’s learning management system without needing to use a MathWorks Account or provide personal data to MathWorks (requires the school to have a separate paid MATLAB Grader license). There are no changes to how students and instructors access content if the course is hosted on MATLAB Grader itself.
Links to courses running in Cody Coursework will redirect. Users will arrive at the same course within MATLAB Grader when logging in. When logging in to MATLAB Grader for the first time, all prior courses and content will be waiting and available. However, please update any links to Cody Coursework to: grader.mathworks.com.
Explore all of the new features introduced with MATLAB Grader.
Problem descriptions can now include LaTeX equations, in addition to other rich text features such as hyperlinks and images.
- You can lock lines in the learner template so learners cannot edit them.
- Learners can choose from the following options for running their solution:
- Run - Runs learner solution without running any tests
- Run Pretests - Runs tests designated as Pretests. The results are not submitted for grading. This is similar to Tests in prior versions.
- Submit - Runs all tests and submits the results for grading.
- Tests can include a brief description that summarizes what is being tested for the learner.
- When multiple tests have failed, Cody™ Coursework™ highlights to the learner the first failed test, encouraging the learner to work on the solution for that one first. Sometimes an error in an earlier test is also the reason subsequent tests fail. This feature helps focus the learner.
- Introduced previously, assessment utility functions help you create robust tests easily.
- For a script, you can easily create the most common tests by using a simple form, without coding.
Add Files to Problems
You can upload .m files into a problem so that they can be readily run by the learner solution, reference solution, and assessment tests.
- The interface for Cody Coursework adjusts to multiple window sizes for monitors, tablets, and smart phones.
- The left-side Contents panel can be hidden, giving learners maximum space for working on a problem.
For more information, please read the full Release Notes.