Directory Contents Panel
This panel provides the listing of files in the selected directory with a possibility to filter them based on known image and video formats.
These buttons allow fast access to several datasets stored in the memory. The green color of the button indicates that there is a dataset loaded. When cursor is above the button a tooltip with the full file name appears to help with identification of the loaded dataset. The datasets may be switched using the left mouse button press on the desired button. The left mouse button shows a popup menu with additional options:
- Duplicate dataset, creates a duplicate of the currently shown dataset and put it behind one of the available buttons.
- Sync view, (xy) with..., synchronizes the view with another dataset in the XY coordinates
- Sync view, (xyz) with..., synchronizes the view with another dataset in the XYZ coordinates, for 4D-5D datasets
- Sync view, (xyzt) with..., synchronizes the view with another dataset in the XYZT coordinates, for 5D datasets
- Clear dataset, removes selected dataset from the memory
- Clear all stored datasets, removes all stored datasets from the memory
The major part of the panel is occupied with this list box that shows list of files in the selected directory (the directory can be selected from the Path Panel). The files are filtered with the specified filter (3). Value all known displays all readable formats.
- Double click on a file, loads it into im_browser and displays it in the Image View panel. If sequence (8) is checked then all shown files are assembled into a single multi-layered dataset
- Double click on the [.] line changes the folder to the top level of the current logical drive
- Double click on the [..] line changes the folder to one level up
- Individual datasets can be selected using Shift/Ctrl + left mouse button and loaded via a context menu accessible with the right mouse button
- The right mouse click above the scroll bar will scroll the list to the top
- The context menu is accessible with the right mouse button:
- Combines selected datasets, combine selected datasets into a single 3D stack
- Load part of the dataset (*.am), loads part of the bigger dataset. It is possible to define starting, ending points, z-step and the XY binning. This option is implemented only for Amira Mesh files
- Load each N-th dataset, defines a step to assemble each N-th file into a 3D stack
- Insert into the open dataset..., allows to insert selected files into the open dataset.
- Combine as color channels..., combines selected datasets into a single 2D slice where each dataset is assigned to own color channel.
- Add as a new color channel, adds images as a new color channel to the existig dataset. The color channels to show may be selected in the View Settings panel.
- Adds each N-th dataset as a new color channel, add images with N-step as a new color channel to the existing dataset
- Renames selected file, rename selected file
- Deletes selected files, permanently delete selected files from the disk
- File properties, information about the file: date/time and size in bytes.
Filter list of files with available image type filters.
am, asf, asx, avi, bmp, cur, fits, fts, gif, hdf, ico, j2c, j2k, jp2, jpeg, jpf, jpg, jpx, mj2, m4v, mj2, mov, mpg, mrc, nrrd, pbm, pcx, pgm, png, pnm, ppm, ras, rec, tif, tiff, wmv, xwd.
Updates the file list in the Directory contents window.
Selected panel will be shown in the lower left part of im_browser
Selected panel will be shown in the right bottom part of im_browser.
im_browser can also open some specific biological image formats. Usually these are the native file formats for different microscopes. The reader for these formats is obtained from LOCI Bio-formats and is based on connected to im_browser LOCI Java library (the library is stored in the File_formats directory). When the Bio checkbox is selected the LOCI reader is called to select a desired dataset.
When checked im_browser combines all shown in the list box (2) files into a single Z-stack.
Access to this help page