Sr. User Experience (UX) Researcher -Graphics & App Building
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks는 직원들이 사무실 근무와 재택 근무 간에 근무 시간을 분배할 수 있는 하이브리드 근무 모델을 채택하고 있습니다. 이 하이브리드 모델은 동료와 대면하며 일하는 시간과 유연한 재택 생활을 최적화할 수 있는 이점이 있습니다. 자세히 알아보기.
- Are you energized by talking to customers and love tackling challenging problems to deliver solutions?
- Are you interested in improving programming workflows for scientists and engineers?
- Are you passionate about the user experience and want to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems?
- Are you interested in being a core member of the development team that builds products that make the world a better place?
Come join our UX team of over 80 user experience professionals. We are dedicated to delivering useful and usable solutions for our software products.
Learn more about the UX department.
As a MATLAB UX Researcher, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve the user experience for MATLAB's graphics and app building capabilities, and create applications that transform our world. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and validate innovative solutions to complex problems:
- Make recommendations about which usability methods to use to answer questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints.
- Conduct user research, identify user pains, and develop user profiles to impact strategy and product direction.
- Act as an advocate for our technical users.
- Run usability tests and perform other usability assessments as appropriate.
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback and provide recommendations for design decisions based on that feedback.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents.
- Collaborate on low, medium and high-fidelity prototypes.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree.
- 3+ years of experience with user centered design in software design and development.
- Knowledge of MATLAB or other programming languages (Python, C++, R, or JS).
- Knowledge of software development workflows including algorithm development, debugging, etc.
- Knowledge of or experience with interaction design and UI design.
- Strong influencing or negotiation skills.
- Experience applying quantitative research techniques.
- Experience with data visualization and/or building MATLAB applications
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.