Application Engineer- Model Based Design
As an Application Engineer, Model Based Design, you will be working with world's most innovative companies in automation and machinery, automotive and aerospace industries. You will help drive industry adoption of Model-Based Design and will advise customers on how to design, develop, verify, and deploy their embedded control applications. This position is located in our Espoo, Finland office.
Details on how MathWorks meets the needs of its customers in the embedded control systems area can be found at the following link: https://www.mathworks.com/solutions/embedded-systems.html
- Work directly with customers
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing and Product Development
- Determine customer requirements and recommend MathWorks technical capabilities
- Reuse, prepare and demonstrate application examples
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- M.Sc. in engineering with a focus in one of the following disciplines, or similar; Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or Applied Physics.
- Commercial experience within embedded software development
- Fluency in English is required, while fluency in Finnish would be strongly preferred
- Desire to work in a customer facing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel max 25% of time, mainly in the Nordic countries
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink or similar tools
- Experience from designing control systems
- Experience from working in a customer-oriented role
- Experience from Automation, Aerospace, Automotive or other relevant industries
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.