Senior Application Engineer - Automotive Industry
Working closely with Simulink users and MathWorks product development teams, you will play a crucial part in helping powertrain engineering organizations optimize their development process, deliver electrified powertrain innovations, reduce control design and calibration time, and improve product quality.
You are responsible for demonstrating your knowledge about applying MathWorks tools to automotive applications during sales meetings, conference calls, through the development and delivery of public seminars, and in the development of complex product demonstrations. You will partner with the sales rep and be responsible for the technical aspects of the sales and marketing process for customers working on powertrain and vehicle engineering.
Identify new business opportunities in powertrain and vehicle dynamics through market research and exploratory visits.
Introduce MathWorks automotive products such as Powertrain Blockset, Vehicle Dynamics Blockset and Model-Based Calibration Toolbox to electrified and conventional powertrain development teams.
Introduce MathWorks physical modeling products such as Simscape, Simscape Driveline, and so on to cultivate new opportunities in Automotive Industry
Analyze customer requirements and guide product evaluations to enable adoption of Simulink, Simscape, Powertrain Blockset, Vehicle Dynamics Blockset, Model-Based Calibration Blockset, and other MathWorks tools.
Collaborate with engineering teams to improve MathWorks products for automotive powertrain and vehicle applications.
Preparing and delivering presentations, demonstrations, and application examples in customer meetings, seminars, and other public events
Partnering with account managers in planning and executing of the account strategy
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Understanding gasoline, diesel, or electrified powertrain development and vehicle dynamics experience in Automotive Industry are required
- Fluent Korean and English skills are required
- Working knowledge of MATLAB / Simulink
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication, and time management skills
- Powertrain system modeling experience and vehicle dynamics (for design or HIL)
- Electrified powertrain experience, including MCU and BMS
- Physical modeling experience
- Hands-on experience of Simscape products
- Engine calibration experience
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and optimization
- Experience interfacing with OEM or suppliers
- Highly motivated towards working directly with customers
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.