Deep Technical Engagement Engineer - MBD/PCG/ADAS
The growth of model-based design, automatic code generation and verification has created increased demand for MATLAB and Simulink products. The candidate will support major corporate automotive customers in the application of MathWorks products for Model Based Design and Automatic Code Generation. The support will involve recommending technical approaches and providing customized solutions for advanced applications. You will focus on automatic code generation, verification and validation through long-term technical engagements with key customers. You will work primarily with automotive customers, pushing the frontiers of science and engineering.
Projects will vary from short duration coaching to extended advanced deployments. The focus is on long term solid technical success driving an expansion of product usage.
This role is a full-time staff position, based in Shanghai China.
- Generate excitement, confidence, and passion for the usage of Model-Based Design and Embedded Coder in complex production deployments
- Work directly with selected customers to provide technical assistance and to establish deployment strategies for Model-Based Design, Embedded Coder, and ADAS/AD area.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to most effectively use existing features
- Understand customer workflows and industry domain standards to provide technical advice on how to realize them with MathWorks tools
- Periodic travel for a customer presentation, planning discussions, and on-site technical meetings is required (up to 25%)
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer-facing staff focused on a fast-paced and continually evolving strategy
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- MS or Ph.D in Engineering or Computer Science
- 6+ years experience in the design and development of Embedded control systems
- Experience with using Simulink and Stateflow for controls or software development
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and handle multiple projects based upon changing business opportunities and external demands
- Experience in structured and unstructured path planning
- Experience in ADAS/AD area and signal processing
- Experience with multi-sensor data fusion for drivable path detection
- Ability to interact effectively with MathWorks business partners in Sales, Marketing, Software Development, Application Engineering, Training, and Consulting
- Effective verbal and written communications skills in English
- Automotive or Aerospace controls/software development experience
- AUTOSAR, ISO 26262 or ADAS experience
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here