Senior Application Engineer for Model and Code V&V
MathWorks core software platforms, MATLAB and Simulink, form the foundation of a Model-Based Design environment. The integration of data analysis, algorithm development, modeling and simulation, automatic code generation, and reporting into a single software environment is becoming essential for companies that develop embedded systems for diverse applications in industries such as Automotive and Aerospace. Verification and testing tools like Simulink Verification and Validation, Simulink Design Verifier, and the Polyspace family of products augment and enhance the Model-Based Design environment to provide capabilities such as requirements traceability, model coverage analysis, test case generation to satisfy model coverage objectives, and code verification to prove the absence of run-time errors.
As an Application Engineer you will work directly with customers to understand their technical and business challenges and help them applying MathWorks products toward the resolution of their problems. In particular, you will support customers in model-based verification, embedded code analysis and verification, and software certification processes based upon industry standards (IEC 61508, ISO 26262, DO-178, etc). You will demonstrate capabilities of Polyspace and Model verification tools of MathWorks and establish the value of using them in customer meetings, conference calls, seminars, and evaluations. The technical know-how and strong presentation and interpersonal skills are key elements for your success in this role.
- Providing technical pre-sales support and guidance to our sales organization and customers in the areas of code verification using Polyspace as well as model verification and testing.
- Providing training to customers on the usage of Polyspace family of products.
- Working with prospective customers to understand their workflow and using this knowledge to build successful technical sales strategies.
- Leveraging product knowledge and industry experience to give sound recommendations on how solutions from MathWorks can improve the results of customer product development processes.
- Preparing and delivering product presentations and demonstrations at both small customer meetings and to larger audiences at public and private events.
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and proof-of-concept models. These are generally used to illustrate the value of our offerings based on typical customer applications.
- Managing product evaluations - Prospective customers may require guidance on how to evaluate our products to prove their value within the constructs of a feasibility project.
- Working closely with the worldwide MathWorks application engineering, development, and marketing organizations to further improve products, to identify new application areas based on customer interactions, and to develop accurate and compelling messaging targeting the marketplace.
- Travel can be 20-50% with a trip generally no more than 4 days.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- A Master’s degree in engineering and 3-8 years of relevant experience preferably.
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++ for developing firmware/software applications.
- Experience in verification of code using formal methods based tools, for example using Polyspace or comparable code verification tools, is a strong plus.
- Experience in (safety, mission, or business) critical software/system development, for example experience of certification processes such as EN 50128, IEC 61508, ISO 26262, IEC 62304, DO-178, or similar, is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of (and enthusiasm for!) the Model-Based Design process, especially model verification and testing, for example, using tools such as or comparable to Simulink, Simulink Design Verifier, and Simulink Verification and Validation, is a plus.
- Strong presentation, listening and questioning skills.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills in English
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers. Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-tasks.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here