Senior Technical Consultant
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with experience and interest in the areas of control design and embedded software to join our consulting group.
Senior Technical Consultants assist our customers in the application of MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, and Embedded Coder to all aspects of the Model Based Design process in the aerospace and other related industries. This position requires a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
- Understanding customers' development processes and engineering challenges
- Designing, explaining and implementing solutions to meet customers' requirements
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with key customers
- Getting to grips with new software tools and technologies
Our goal is to work hands-on with our customers in the energy, automotive and embedded controls industries to ensure their success in the areas of control design, code generation, and verification and validation of embedded software. The successful candidate will support major customers in South Korea in the usage of the Simulink family of products.
Generate excitement, confidence and passion for usage of Model-Based Design including Embedded Coder and validation and verification tools in complex production deployments. Serve as primary advisor to select customers using Simulink, Embedded Coder, Validation and Verification and other related tools to provide technical assistance from short questions and answers, to detailed deployment plans. Partner closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast paced and continually evolving strategy for successful adoption of tools for deployments. Periodic travel is required up to 40% of the time.
- Consulting project management - maintaining task lists, budget tracking, customer interaction, resource estimating, and job size estimating
- Consulting project execution - the technical application of MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, code generation, and V&V techniques to assist customers in a variety of engineering disciplines
- Consulting sales - interact with sales staff and customers to sell our services and manage customer expectations
- Consulting field data - giving feedback to product development and interact directly with product development staff to resolve tough customer issues and identify new product features.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- 5+ years of industry experience in areas such as control systems development for aerospace or related fields
- Knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow or similar products
- Know-how on Aerospace certification processes are a plus
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong knowledge of C is required
- Strong working knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink preferred
- Flexibility to travel up to 40%
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here