Education Support Specialist
As part of the Korea Edu Sales Team, this Education Support Representative will support revenue growth by working in conjunction with several sales representatives on specific territory strategies and activities.
The high level of activity requires the individual to balance a range of responsibilities including qualification and forecasting of new revenue and software renewal opportunities along with a range of territory and account support activities.
This role is integrated fully into The MathWorks team selling model and complements the direct selling activities of the sales representatives by providing value added activities that support day-to-day as well as strategic objectives of the sales team.
- Develop and close new license sales opportunities from qualified leads and inbound customer inquiries
- Qualify opportunities to understand customer needs, decision makers, budget and purchase timeframe
- Communicate the value of MathWorks products and license offerings associated to customer business requirements
- Manage opportunities through the sales process and prioritize activities aligned with appropriate sales stage
- Prepare quotations and maintain an accurate monthly and quarterly forecast
- Collaborate with territory Sales Reps on key account strategies and apply defined escalate process as needed
- Manage timely closure of the assigned annual maintenance renewal contracts and incorporate lapsed maintenance opportunities into selling strategies
- Proactively contact customers and explain the product and support benefits of continuing maintenance services
- Identify and manage add on or cross sell opportunities by closing business or transferring to appropriate sales representative to achieve the sale cycle
- Prepare quotations as required and ensure accurate information for efficient processing of orders and investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Ensure accurate customer data and sales activities are collected and entered into CRM system to advance the sales cycle
- Respond to inbound sales related inquiries
- Demonstrate strong forecasting and funnel management of your assigned territory
- Contribute to and support the territory plans in conjunction with sales representatives
- Participate in funnel meetings as well as planning and delivery of sections of the annual territory and account plan
- A bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience with one year in a sales role is required.
• General awareness and understanding of the function of a sales representative.
• 3+ yrs. work experience (sales support, lead management or telemarketing experience, including 2 yrs. of a customer facing role.)
• 1+ yr. previous experience where the key component of the job was measure against revenue metrics.
• Experience working in a goal and revenue oriented environment.
• Familiarity with software licensing and policies and generating customer quotations is desired.
• Strong organization/prioritization skills; proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Customer satisfaction focus.
• Strong listening, probing, and phone skills.
• Strong written skills.
• Thoroughly familiar with the use of spreadsheets, word, and the web.
• Ability to work well both autonomously and within a team environment.
• General understanding of the function of knowledge of CRM application (ex.: Salesforce, Siebel etc.)
• Business level English
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here