IT Desktop Support Specialist
As an IT Desktop Support Specialist, you will be part of the International IT Team, supporting the first/second level desktop computing needs of The MathWorks offices within the EMEA region. You will also be involved in supporting longer-term local, regional, and international projects.
You will be based in the Galway, Ireland office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner
- Accurately recording requests from users into the help system
- Install, configure and troubleshoot:
- hardware; including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals, network equipment
- software packages; including operating systems, desktop software and custom applications
- telecommunication solutions; including Audio/Visual equipment, conference room equipment and Unified Communications clients
- Provide first and second level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate groups or staff
- Record, track and maintain local IT asset inventory in the asset management system
- Provide training to users related to desktop products
- Liaise with local service and support providers
- Support the optimization of the existing environment
- Participate in local and global IT projects as required
The Technical Environment:
- The desktop computing environment consists of PC's running Windows 10, Linux, and Mac OS X. Standard desktop software environment based on Office 365 and Microsoft Skype for Business and SharePoint.
- The server environment consists of Lenovo servers running Windows Server and Linux in a virtualized environment.
- Experience with desktop support
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- 4 years Enterprise IT Support experience, or a bachelor's degree and 2 year minimum professional work experience
- Fluent English and language skills
- Scripting knowledge and qualification
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here