Wireless Protocols Software Engineer in Test
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with a background in wireless protocols to develop automated test suites and conduct hands-on testing for cutting edge features for our customers. You will leverage your software development skills to design, develop and deploy world-class test automation software, participate in high visibility projects, leverage new technologies, and participate in all stages of software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a team player, motivated by knowledge that the features they help to develop will be used by thousands of customers around the world. This position is for the engineer who enjoys solving challenging problems, designing and documenting new automated tests, improving processes, and collaborating with a cross functional team of professionals and domain experts.
- Contribute to the testing of our world-class software tools for the simulation of wireless communication standards
- Participate in the development process from start to finish, influencing specifications and discussing software design and testability with developers to ensure high quality of our software.
- Writing automated test suites using MATLAB and Simulink to test Communication Toolbox functionality.
- Understand customer workflows and industry practices to develop the best tools for the job
- Working closely with other Quality Engineers, Software Developers, Documentation Writers, Marketing and other customer facing engineers.
- Detecting, investigating and reporting bugs, verifying bug fixes and driving issues through to completion.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- BTech/MS in Computer Science/ECE/Communications
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB and/or C/C++
- Knowledge of Communication systems and wireless standards (such as: WLAN, Bluetooth)
- Experience with wireless MAC/PHY layers
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with colleagues worldwide
Nice to have:
- Experience testing wireless MAC/PHY layers
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here