Sales Account Manager
Get Inspired: MathWorks products are the tools of inspiration and innovation, used at more than 5000 universities worldwide in order to accelerate the pace of learning, innovation, and research.
We seek a Sales Account Manager who will play a key role in further establishing our tools within leading academic institutions and research centers across MENA. You will be primarily responsible for selling the company's Campus-wide license offering, in order to increase revenue while ensuring the broadest product availability to Faculty, Researchers, and Students. You will also work together with an international team of Engineers, Marketing and Inside Sales to drive on-going product sales and achieve overall territory results
- Attainment of annual sales goals for product sales and services
- Drive sales and work with a team of technical and marketing personnel to ensure broad adoption and usage of Campus licenses
- Leverage MathWorks existing market presence and global reputation and make use of all relevant information sources and personal networks within the territory to proactively develop business.
- Systematically follow up and prioritize all qualified leads provided by marketing or sales support; prospecting for new business opportunities compliments these activities
- Work closely with potential customers at all levels to understand and leverage user requirements and management business issues.
- Work closely with MathWorks technical teams to develop and communicate the technical vision of the capabilities required.
- Ensure that MathWorks sustains knowledge of the MENA Academic Market teaching initiatives, research projects, and procurement methods.
- Gain access to and influence the appropriate decision makers to manage any evaluation processes in order to pursue business opportunities through to a successful conclusion.
- Gain in depth understanding of the current and future needs of target accounts and develop and maintain professional relationships with key players and professors
- Maintain comprehensive contact, lead and opportunity details on MathWorks CRM database (Salesforce)
- Building a comprehensive territory plan to execute specific strategies to maximize territory revenue and campus wide adoption
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience is required.
- University Degree and proven experience in technical software sales required (Ideally in academic markets)
- Demonstrated success managing a territory and using a CRM system
- Proven success in developing new markets and delivering new business
- Experience working with application engineers and sales support resources
- Self-driven personality with a high energy level
- Experience balancing volume and strategic sales
- Experience in working in an international environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Very good written and verbal English and Arabic language skills
- Eligibility to work within the EU without sponsorship
- Familiarity with the business culture in the Middle East and North Africa is required
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here