This position reports to the Ireland Finance and Operations Manager and supports the Financial Controller(s) with a wide variety of functions including transaction processing, financial analysis, annual planning, forecasts, annual statutory audit and tax compliance support and the implementation of financial controls and audit trail. The role will be responsible for these functions for a number of European legal entities.
This role is based at MathWorks City centre Office in Galway and requires the ability to travel.
- The Completion and coordination of the monthly Financial close.
- Maintain Balance Sheet reconciliations including journal entries for Accruals, Deferred Revenue, Fixed Assets and Taxes to enable compliance with GAAP/IFRS and company policy.
- Compliance with Income tax and withholding tax, VAT & VIES reporting in collaboration with our Internal tax team and external advisors. This includes preparing and filing monthly and quarterly VAT, MOSS and VIES filings.
- Recording inter-company transactions and reconciliation of Intercompany Balances.
- Be the main Interface with external auditors, providing schedules and analysis as required.
- Maintain and document the reconciliation of statutory results to GAAP income statement, balance sheet and retained earnings.
- Participate in the annual financial planning process and develop financial forecasts.
- Prepare and record monthly Payroll transactions. Be the key contact for Payroll processors.
- Support the office administration role such as facility maintenance, office supplies and travel support.
- Backup several accounting roles as accounts payables and bank booking and reconciliations.
- Prepare detailed analysis to support decision making.
- Lead and participate in process improvement, waste elimination and system projects.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 4 years of professional work experience) is required.
- A CPA/Chartered or other Accountancy Qualification.
- The ideal candidate will preferably have experience of working in Multinational software or other high-tech companies or similar environment.
- Exposure to international accounting processes and systems including US GAAP and IAS.
- Proven experience with monthly closing process including accounts payable, Balance Sheet reconciliations, payroll, accrual accounting, tax and VAT preparation
- Exposure to multi-national financial reporting and analysis including foreign exchange
- Strong team player, proven ability in leading and working effectively with cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Ideally exposure to projects such as a systems implementation or Business process improvement initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert skills with Excel and other MS Office applications and exposure to ERP systems such as Oracle EBS.
- Ability to work in multiple European languages is a plus.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here